Climate and Weather Science Laboratory
Lead Organisation: Bureau of Meteorology
The CWSLab is a virtual laboratory that provides an integrated platform of tools and resources that assists scientific collaboration and information-sharing in Australian climate and weather research.
WHO IT’S FOR
- Biodiversity, climate and environmental researchers who need to analyse climate change simulations.
WHAT IT DOES
Offers Australian researchers:
- access to climate and weather modelling software products;
- an extensive data library;
- new research, analysis and visualisation tools; and
- a platform for sharing experiments and results across the research community.
“The CWSLab is going to make my work a lot easier to do. It’s a shared facility which provides access to the CMIP data and enables us to more effectively analyse large datasets.”
Dr Sophie Lewis, Australian National University
Nectar is supported by the Australian Government through the National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy to establish eResearch infrastructure in partnership with Australian research institutions, organisations and research communities. The University of Melbourne has been appointed as the Lead Agent.