Biodiversity and Climate Change Virtual Laboratory
The Biodiversity and Climate Change Virtual Laboratory (BCCVL) is a “one stop modelling shop” that simplifies the process of biodiversity-climate change modelling. It connects the research community to Australia’s national computation infrastructure by integrating a suite of tools in a coherent online environment where researchers can access data and perform data analysis and modelling.
WHO IT’S FOR
- Biodiversity, climate and environmental researchers who need access to a standardised set of tools for analysis and requisite data sources at their desktop.
WHAT IT DOES
- Allows you to undertake species distribution modelling and experiments using biological, climate and environmental data.
- Allows you to load your own biological data to run experiments, or use the information already loaded into the system.
The Biodiversity & Climate Change Virtual Laboratory (BCCVL) transforms biodiversity and climate change research by:
- enabling existing research questions to be investigated far more efficiently and effectively and
- providing the means for Australian researchers to address new important questions.
It provides an innovative, efficient, robust portfolio of integrated tools, data collections and access portals for modelling the potential responses of Australia’s biodiversity to climate change through an easy-to-use, web-based platform with advanced visualizations.
Quantitative modelling is one of our most transparent and science-based tools for the prediction of how, for example, species ranges will shift as a result of climate change, and the information generated is needed to inform adaptation management strategies for species and ecosystems.
explore > discover > predict
For more information about the BCCVL, go to: http://www.bccvl.org.au